Located in the Somontano Region
The town of Bierge is a municipality of the Comarca del Somontano, here you will find our countryside and our base camp, from where we carry out all the adventure sports and activities.
It is located 600 meters above sea level, 33 km from Barbastro and 41 km from Huesca. The municipality is located in the northwest of the Somontano and has a population of about 136 inhabitants. It is an Agricultural and livestock town, with extensive olive and almond groves.
Do not forget to taste its typical craft products, such as: cheese, yogurt, wine, lamb, honey…
In addition to the fantastic natural environment, you can visit:
- The Parish Church dedicated to Santiago Apóstol (Gothic Aragonese style).
- The Hermitage of San Fructuoso (13th century): with tempera mural paintings from the transition between Romanesque-Gothic style during the second half of the 13th century. Only a part of the paintings remains there, the rest are kept in other places such as Catalunya Art Museum.
- The Hermitage of San Pedro de Verona (1698).
PLACES OF INTEREST:
- Bierge waterfall.
- The Splendid door gates with heraldic shields.
- The Bird watching observatory, from which it is possible to admire the flight of raptors.
- The Interpretation Center of the Sierra de Guara Natural Park.
- April 29th in honor of San Pedro de Verona (main local festivity).
- August 10th in honor of Saint Lawrence.
- 18th of January (cattle slaughter).
You can visit:
Activities you can do
Crossing the various canyons that the Sierra de Guara offers us. Going by the river through passages, chaos of rocks, rapids, slides, jumps, rappels...
Discover the feeling of climbing mountains in a different way, with a view you have never experienced before. Climbing vertical walls progressing thanks to iron rungs and spikes hammered into the rock...
Getting to know and enjoy the most beautiful places through a wonderful experience. With this activity we want you to get closer to nature and learn about the area through its heritage, culture and customs.